Friday, July 5, 2013

OBSESSIONS, VOL. 2: SHIRO COSMETICS

I have never been vegan. I have never been interested in becoming vegan, nor will I ever be...
I simply love meat too damn much.
However, I do love a vegan beauty product.
Through some meaningless late-night tumbling, I found a popular text post about an independent cosmetics company called, Shiro Cosmetics. The entire company is run by 21-year-old Caitlin, a self-proclaimed geek who prides herself on her vegan, cruelty-free cosmetics. What has made her company so noteworthy though is the sense of humor that comes with the products. I mean, where else can you find shades dedicated to Nic Cage raking leaves on a brisk October afternoon or Doctor Who's trusty Tardis? 
I decided that I simply had to test out a few of her products. At only $1 for sample size (1/4 of a teaspoon), how could I resist? I wound up ordering 5 samples (may I mention that I also got a free one included, plus a caramel?).


The colors I chose are Alkahestry, The Truth, The Wandering WizardEver in Your Favor, Lingered in Twilight, and Equivalent Exchange as a bonus.

Here are the shades sampled on my skin. I used both flash and natural sunlight to give you a full idea of these shadows and their color payoff. 



MOTHER MERCY, LET ME SAY THIS.
THESE PRODUCTS ARE GOD.
The shadow is silky light, the color payoff is excellent and the colors themselves are gorgeous. I am absolutely obsessed with the glitter in these products too. The shadows are positively luminescent.
I can honestly say, although I am a tried and true MAC girl, Shiro Cosmetics cannot be beat.
I can't wait to order again! Shiro, you've got yourself a fan girl!


1 comment: